July 9, 2014

Ciao! My name is Jessica Shroka. I grew up in the small town of Shabbona, Illinois surrounded by cornfields. I graduated at the top of my class and attended Northern Illinois University for my freshman year of college before I realized I was meant to live in the city where I could pursue my dream and passion for writing and fashion. My sophomore year I transferred to Columbia where I now have an interdisciplinary major of fashion business and journalism. Staying positive and being thankful for everything I have is what I live by. I worked for Express clothing store as a visual associate for a little over a year where I styled mannequins, designed window displays and floor sets, and assisted in keeping displays neat and appealing to the eye. I now work as a party planner and host for VIP Bachelorette.

I strongly believe that life only has the limits you make for yourself. I will never stop until I complete my goals and dreams I set for myself. I would love a career working for a fashion magazine writing about different places, cultures, and fashions all around the world. I take every opportunity I get to experience new things. I will never let myself fail. A great man and one of my true inspirations, John F. Kennedy once said, “One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.”

No comments:

Post a Comment