July 9, 2014

"Your love of life can carry you through any circumstance"
Above is my favorite quote that I try to remind myself of each and every day. I'm Tricia Patras, an eccentric 20 year old currently residing in the beautiful and inspiring city of Chicago. I was born and raised in a suburb called Hinsdale which is a little over 25 minutes out of the city. I was raised to be independent and to never be discouraged to do anything that I desire. I have never thought twice about an opportunity. Even if I didn't gain a positive experience from it, I always at least gained strength and motivation to keep trying for the next opportunity to come. I value my family, my incredible chosen family, and most importantly; my creativity. 

I find myself trying to expand my creativity by going to as many art gallery openings, art walks, and cheap concerts as I can. I have a passion for acting and singing but have decided to focus on my career in fashion for the moment. I have always had an eye and excitement for fashion and thought that I should challenge myself by going to school for that specific field of study. This is what brought me to Columbia College last fall. I am a Fashion Design major with a minor in Fashion Business. I have an incredibly rewarding job as a stylist at Anthropologie and have realized how much I enjoy helping people instill confidence within themselves through their clothing. From this realization, I decided to study more about different fashions within cultures around the world. This reason is why I took the leap to study abroad in Florence, Italy by myself this summer. I have realized that sometimes taking risks like this will ultimately make you the best person that you were supposed to be and with this said, I couldn't be happier with my decision to make myself more cultured and explore the beauty of the world. Because sometime life may be hard, but it is always beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment