I'm Kelcie McCurdy, a fashion designer and writer from Northwest Oregon. I moved to Chicago at age 17 to attend Columbia College. For the past three years, Chicago has been my home and inspiration. I chose to major in fashion design because it is a form of art that people can truly connect with. We use it to alter the way others view us and the way we view ourselves.
One month after moving to the city, I acquired a job sewing and assisting in the design of hats, handbags, scarves, and other accessories for Mojo Spa, a beauty and nail spa. I have also volunteered at Columbia College's own historical fashion collection; interned at Jermikko, an outter wear company; and interned at Purely Fashion, a tech start-up.
In addition to fashion design, I also have a love of writing. I cling to traditional print journalism and paperback books. I love to read what others have to say and share my own experiences through writing. I hope to one day combine my two passions by working for a fashion magazine. For this reason, I am also pursuing a Journalism minor at Columbia College.
I have always dreamed of traveling to Europe. This summer, that dream came true for me. I can't wait to experience the culture of Italy and share my adventures with you!

No comments:
Post a Comment